The most straightforward method to prepare pizza rolls is in an air fryer. They literally bake in less than 10 minutes, and they turn out even crispier than when they are baked in the oven. When you want something warm and cosy, air-fried pizza bits make the ideal after-school snack or quick meal.
You will never create a meal easier than this one! Even though you might not believe it would be possible to air fry frozen foods like pizza rolls, they cook incredibly quickly and turn out with the ideal amount of crispiness on the surface and melty cheese inside! You can avoid a lot of preparation because of the extra ease of frozen pizza rolls and putting a wonderful dinner or snack on the platter in 10 to 15 minutes or less. The pizza rolls only need to be put inside the air fryer, then wait for it to work its magic.
Why Use an Air Fryer Instead of a Microwave or Oven to Cook Pizza Rolls?
- It moves quickly. In the air fryer, these are ready in 6 minutes. To prepare them in the oven, you would need to allow twice as much time.
- Without using any additional oil, the air fryer gets them extremely crispy! Simply said, they aren’t crispy enough in the microwave.
- Frozen dishes are cooked to perfection in the air fryer. After making these rolls in the air fryer, you’ll never want to cook them any other way, just like with these crinkle-cut fries.
- Both an appetizer and a quick snack can be produced with them. My kids adore them, and I frequently make them when I’m in a scheduling rush.
Ingredients and Alternatives
- Purchase your favorite choice of frozen pizza rolls from the supermarket. For this dish, any kind may be used.
- Pizza sauce is the obvious choice for such crunchy pizza rolls, but the marinara sauce or pasta sauce will also work if you do not have a jar of pizza sauce on hand. Another preferred dipping sauce for any of these pizza rolls is ranch dressing.
- Parmesan Cheese – A swift toss of shredded Parmesan cheese is a fantastic way to elevate frozen pizza rolls to a whole new level.
- Place pizza rolls in a single layer in the air fryer basket, if it seems necessary, then work in small batches. If desired, use cooking spray made with olive oil.
- Pizza rolls are air-fried for 8 minutes at 380°F while being shaken halfway through.
- Melted butter, garlic, red pepper flakes, and parsley should all be combined in a small bowl in the meantime. Add salt as per taste and thoroughly combine.
- Pizza rolls need to be removed from the air fryer and then put in a large bowl. The garlic mixture should be spread over the pizza rolls until they are completely covered.
- Transfer the pizza rolls to a serving dish, sprinkle with more Parmesan cheese, then serve them immediately with your chosen sauce.
- Ensure that the pizza rolls are arranged in a single layer. By doing this, they will be cooked thoroughly and uniformly. They will not become crispy if there are a lot of pizza rolls packed close together. Simply fry them in batches if you are making over 20 pizza rolls in one go.
- Since the air fryer makes them precisely crispy, no cooking spray is required. However, you are free to sprinkle them with a spray or two of nonstick spray if you are seeking an additional crispy texture, even if it is not required.
- Feel free to wrap the air fryer with baking paper, coat the tray or basket with a cooking spray that is safe for air fryers, or toss the pizza rolls midway through the cooking in case your air fryer appears to be vulnerable to getting things to adhere to it. Although every air fryer is a little bit different, I have not experienced any problems with food clinging in the immediate vortex.
- It is okay if your pizza rolls blow out! When pizza rolls explode, it is the best indication that they are ready. Some people love a pizza roll that has not exploded, so if you are one of them, simply remove them from the oven a minute or two earlier when they are still somewhat crisp on the exterior.
Other Things to Keep in Mind
What is the Cooking Time for Pizza Rolls in an Air Fryer?
Usually, frozen pizza rolls require 6 to 8 minutes to cook completely. The very first time you fry them inside the air fryer, it is recommended to monitor them every few minutes to make certain they do not scorch and to figure out how long to cook things in your air fryer specifically. Since every air fryer works a little bit differently, this is good practice.
How Hot Should an Air Fryer Be Set to Cook Frozen Pizza Rolls?
The ideal temperature for air-frying pizza rolls is 380 degrees Fahrenheit. By doing so, you can make sure that they fry rapidly and uniformly while maintaining their beautiful, crispy exterior and melted cheese within.
How Come Pizza Rolls Burst?
The liquids inside pizza rolls start to boil and swell, causing the rolls to explode. You may, however, avoid this problem if you understand how long to fry pizza rolls in an air fryer. This means that even though we are just frying the rolls for 8 minutes, the air fryer will turn them golden and crispy. They will turn out so tasty when you check on them after four minutes to check how well they are doing.
Do Air Fryers Require Preheating?
We do not believe you will need to preheat your air fryer for all these air fryer pizza rolls, but you can, if you want to assist them to get even crispier.
In summary, preparing pizza rolls in an air fryer is a great idea if you are looking to eat some quick, delicious and crispy food without any hassle!