You have definitely made frozen pizza rolls if you have kids, host a laid-back party, or just enjoy finger foods. If you have not fried pizza rolls using an air fryer, you have not had these wonderful, bite-sized mini-pizzas at their best. They are a fantastic party classic regardless of how they are made.
Preparing Frozen Pizza Rolls in the Oven/Microwave vs. Air Frying
Most adults who create pizza rolls tend to simply bake them using the oven or make them in the microwave due to the health risks associated with deep-frying food. But even when cooked at an elevated temperature and rotated halfway throughout, the pizza rolls sometimes have an uneven, soggy finish. Pizza rolls would be cooked through in the microwave, but they would have a floppy, rubbery texture that would give them an unpleasant, sticky texture. They still taste good, but would it not be preferable if they were fully cooked with a crispy, browned exterior?
Pizza Rolls in an Air Fryer
Pizza rolls can be prepared in an air fryer without the addition of additional fat or calories because no oil is required for frying them. The air fryer will also save time because there is no need for preheating, which translates to a savings of at least 15 minutes. Using an air fryer instead of a deep fryer, oven, or microwave is also more tempting since these pizza rolls are perfectly cooked in just seven minutes.
- Frozen rolls of pizza. These instructions can be used to prepare any kind of frozen pizza or egg roll.
- Oil spray is optional. Pizza rolls do not require additional oil for cooking properly in an air fryer, however, the trick to making them really crispy is to spritz them with olive oil just before air frying (keep in mind: try to avoid utilizing conventional “cooking spray” since it can harm your air fryer’s non-stick coating).
- Toppings and dipping sauce. Pizza rolls are fantastic within, but they are at their absolute best when they are dipped in something or covered in something. Tomato salsa, shredded cheese, and sour cream are superior to tomato sauce.
Heat the Fryer to 380 Degrees F or 190 Degrees C
Although some air fryers claim you do not need to prepare them, we have found that utilizing a heated air fryer yields superior results when cooking items with a quick cook time (like the majority of frozen foods).
Insert Frozen Pizza Rolls into the Air Fryer
Pizza rolls should be put in one layer. It is fine if they are brushing against each other, but if they are stacked or overlapping, cooking time will increase, and you must shake the basket several times to ensure even cooking.
Fry the Pizza Rolls in the Air Fryer
For 5-8 minutes, air fry the frozen pizza rolls till crispy and golden brown. To ensure they are not overcooked, monitor them frequently.
Plate and Enjoy!
Put some of your favorite dipping sauce on top and eat. Once they have cooled off enough to eat, of course!
How Long Do Pizza Rolls Take to Cook in an Air Fryer?
When cooking pizza rolls for the first time, it can be challenging to get the cooking time exactly correct. The number of pizza rolls you are cooking and the power and efficiency of your air fryer brand will both affect how long it will take to cook them. You can anticipate cooking time to be nearer to 5 minutes if you have a stronger brand of the air fryer. A weaker model will require more time. Starting at about 4 minutes into the cooking process, we would advise checking frequently. If the pizza rolls burst during frying and leak contents inside your air fryer pan, you have overcooked them and will know it. If this occurs to you then try frying for a couple of minutes less the following time.
Present the pizza rolls using your preferred sauce for dipping once they are fried to your preference. Our personal favorites are regular tomato ketchup and barbecue sauce, although ranch dressing and sour cream are indeed fantastic alternatives. The following are some alternative suggestions for how to spruce up pizza rolls:
- As soon as they come out of the air fryer and are still hot, sprinkle freshly grated Parmesan cheese on top.
- Add some bacon or pepperoni slices as a garnish.
- Serve them with toppings such as tomato salsa, sour cream, guacamole, chilli, and shredded cheese to make them seem like nachos.
- Use pesto as a drizzle.
- Top with cheese and pasta sauce and wrap in bread or tortilla.
Storing and Reheating
- Pizza rolls can be kept in the refrigerator in a sealed container and used within three days. The pizza rolls can be heated by using an air fryer to reheat them.
- As an alternative, you may reheat them using the microwave for 30 to 60 seconds on high. However, they will not be as crunchy as if you reheat them in the air fryer.
Tips and Tricks
Does the Air Fryer Work with Frozen Pizza Rolls?
Preparing your frozen pizza rolls in an air fryer is one of the best ways to make them, (unless stated otherwise on the package instructions of the brand you have).
Ways to Increase the Crispiness of Pizza Rolls
When you are air frying your pizza rolls, there is no need to add more oil, but if you really want them to be particularly crispy, you may add a spritz of olive oil prior to cooking.
Should You Use Parchment Paper or Spray the Basket with Oil?
To avoid changing the flavor of the rolls, we would not suggest spraying them with any oil. You can use a pastry brush to smear a thin layer of olive oil on the pan if you do not have a nonstick basket.
- Olive oil spritzing before air frying can make your pizza rolls even more crispy.
- If you are not sure whether turning the food while cooking is necessary for your air fryer, consult your manual.
Pizza rolls cooked in an air fryer are the perfect snack. Pizza rolls can be quickly prepared in an air fryer in just a few minutes, producing the crispiest, most delicious pizza rolls you have ever eaten in much less time than it requires for your oven to preheat. Whatever the occasion—a big game, an after-school snack, or a meal—these delicious and crunchy pizza rolls will leave everyone delighted!